17 October 2013

Creating Self Love, Kundalini Yoga Kriya

Kundalini Yoga Kriya Creating Self Love
The First Posture of the
Kundalini Yoga Kriya: Creating Self Love
Taught by Yogi Bhajan on April 4, 1994.

Love Your Body Day 2013
Wednesday, Oct. 16

NOW Foundation has organized Love Your Body campaign. The Love Your Body campaign challenges the message that a woman's value is best measured through her willingness and ability to embody current beauty standards. 

As a long-time yoga teacher, I have met women from around the world who always fret about body and beauty issues: losing weight, looking attractive, getting a flat belly, getting a prized yoga butt, and even getting taller or shorter!

When I was younger, I too, tried to destroy my body through starvation and other extreme means. I would look in the mirror and find every flaw. Big nose. Fat lips. No matter how much I exercised, I always had a potbelly. I despised myself.

 As I got older, I knew that I could see my self differently. I went on a journey to change my perception about myself.

The first thing that my teacher, Yogi Bhajan told me is to feel and experience self love.  What does that mean? Self love is not always easy. It might be considered selfish. But, self love is not selfish…it is the most selfless and caring idea we can have about ourselves. We love ourself, we open our hearts for others.
How Do You Love Your Body if You Don’t Have Self Love?
The power and beauty of all women is indescribable and honorable.
It transcends body and image.
Your body does not make you a woman.
Your fashion and your beauty don’t make you a woman.
The one thing that will make you a woman is your self-love of being a woman.
You honor and bless your self.

Yogi Bhajan, said, “Love doesn’t rule you. What rules you is fear, phenomenal fear. If you cannot bless yourself, then nobody can bless you.”

My contribution to #loveyourbody day is a posture from part one of a kundalini yoga set that Yogi Bhajan gave his teachers so that love can be invoked and fear can be reduced.

 For more information about the Now Foundation Love Your Body campaign, please visit this website: http://loveyourbody.nowfoundation.org/index.html +National Organization for Women (NOW).

 #kundaliniyoga #kundaliniyogameditation

No comments: